All 81 art Reviews

Rust Rust

The subtle colors and textures in this painting is really good!

The Winter Watch The Winter Watch

Your art has improved drastically since I first followed you earlier in 2016! The lighting and rendering in this is too good, Im loving the saturated colors you use a lot of your pieces.

Xephio responds:

Thanks Arja! I do really love me some vivid colours

Google Maps study - 01 Google Maps study - 01

You captured the mood well with this piece! Looks true to nature (that is as much a stylized painting can), but the feeling of beeing close to nature and a sense of freedom flows through the landscape. The colors are also subtle and nice too look at, I really like how the houses stand out in this piece.

I hope you learned something from this study. I have to get back to doing more landscape studies, this kind of reminded me of how nice it is to just paint something.

Miles Morales Miles Morales

Everything about this is so good, it describes the character really well! And it looks very comic bookish.

DocLew responds:

Thank you!! Too kind! :)

Anthropomorphic god Anthropomorphic god

This is fuk'n brilliant doode!

dMb-DanteBerrios responds:

jajaja thanks a lot XD :D

Viking Temple Viking Temple

I really like this piece, as it is pretty well put together in all aspects like color perspective and composistion. Though the bloodstains are hard to spot because of the other saturated colors in this piece.

BaukjeSpirit responds:

Thanks! I agree with that, I'll probably work on it some more to improve the visibility of the bloody trail

Reinhardt Reinhardt

This is really damn impressive! What program did you use? The brushes looks really crisp and coool

Jufin responds:

i used the pencil tool in photoshop with pressure opacity : )

horror horror

Doesnt looks too scary in my opinion, but the design is still really neat! Would fit great for an enemy in a Zelda game. Kinda reminds me of the redeads

Pelican Pelican

This is sooo good, simple shapes but executed so masterfully!

Mikha - The Ewww Hunter Mikha - The Ewww Hunter

This piece is really good! Lighting and colors are used to make contrast that sets the different elements apart to make a good composistion. The layout for the composistion is quiet simple ("circular" with focus in the middle) but works well. Most of the background blurry, if I were you I'd paint parts of the background closer in higher detail, then let that detail decrease further away. (Maybe add some more foreground elements like leaves, grass or rocks to indicate more debth?)

As for the character, I must say from looking at the gif process that I liked the initial design/look of the character a lot better than the final version. The sketched face looked a lot more natural and less goofy. The hair on the character (in my opinion) looks weird and a bit to puffy. Same as with the face I prefer the design of the hair from the sketch. His head also looks a little tall (maybe,,). I see that you blurred the hands to create debth, but it doesnt looks natural (elements close to the hand should also be blurred according to how close it is to the "camera"), therefore the upper part of the pole and the fish should be just as blurry as the hand.

One last thing I`d like to say is, what is the story behind him impaling a fish? Wouldnt it make more sense to have him impale a creature which is closer to desert/dry areas?

Overall this is a nice piece, but it has a few flaws that could easily be fixed. Im just going to mention some of the stuff you are doing well here (so that this review doesnt seem so negative): Ligthing, rendering(overall consistent), perspective and composition.

Im rating this piece according to what I have seen you draw/make before.

GGTFIM responds:

agh,man! Thanks for the insight!
The creative process is a funny thing. The final piece is far away from the original sketch and I had a lot of new ideas while making it haha. I dont feel too much comfortable by doing rendered stuff and pushing the realistic side,so this one was a great exercise to me (i still not happy with the depth of the pole/fish, the perspective seems a litte bit wrong,and the blur thing is also something I was playing with to make the camera stuff,and for the background,I tried to make the 'hot sun effect').
The face and the hair was kinda hard too. I changed those things later in the process. About the hair I was aiming for something messed up and hoping for a good shower. About the fish, I was hoping the viewer to imagine a pool/water area in front of him,but I guess it would be easier if I made some water reflections,right ? But i was like..nah,too much shadows to have that.
But dude,again,thank you so much for that! Gonna learn from your coment :)